We rely on our eyes in so many ways, yet most of us do little to care for them. Here are 5 tips to keep your eyes healthy.
1. Wear Sunglasses: Sunglasses are especially important in the Sunshine state. Similar to your skin, your eyes can be hurt by the sun, so sport those shades.
2. Eat your Greens: Vitamins C, E and zinc are essential for eye health, so work more leafy greens into your diet.
3. Rest Your Eyes: If you work at a computer all day, every twenty minutes take twenty seconds to look at an object 20 feet away from the screen. The 20-20-20 method gives your eyes some relief from the stress of screen time.
4. Remove Eye Makeup: At the end of the day remove any makeup on your eyes. Sleeping in eye makeup can cause a sty, or clogged pores.
5. Stop Smoking: Smoke is an eye agitator, and it can increase the risk for all sorts of health issues when it comes to your eyes as well as your overall body.
Read more: http://ohsheglows.com/2011/01/06/energizing-spicy-broccoli-dal/#ixzz3yZOPFLIN
Across the region, gyms are offering great deals to kick off 2016 on the right foot. Make this year about bringing well-being and balance to your life…your waistline and your wallet!
YMCA: First Coast YMCA is waving all new membership fees through the month of January. For a family, this can mean a savings of up to $100. Visit firstcoastymca.org.
Pure Barre: A combination of Pilates and ballet, Pure Barre is one of the hottest workouts in town. This moth they are offering 5 week of classes for $175, 2 weeks of Learn to Barre unlimited classes for $49, and many more deals. For more info about a studio near you, visit purebarre.com.
Orangetheory Fitness: If you are looking for a straight up power hour workout, Orangetheory Fitness is for you. For the month of January, this fitness studio is offering its premier package at the family rate, with a discount of 20%! Visit Orangetheory.com for details.
Looking for a group in your neighborhood to start walking with? Across the First Coast there are a number of walking groups always looking for a new pair of shoes to match a stride. From morning walkers to trail hikers, here are some websites to help you find the right walking community for you.
MeetUp: There is a wide range of groups to choose from at meetup.com all across our region. Visit http://walkers.meetup.com/cities/us/fl/jacksonville/ to learn more!
First Coast Trail Forgers Walking Club: This group walks together both in town regularly, and even goes on fieldtrips to places like Savannah. Visit http://www.firstcoasttrailforgerswalkingclub.org/