Compiled by Joshua Bragenberg
The First Coast has a variety of medical studies available, whether it is in Jacksonville or St. Augustine. Students can study anything from nursing to physical therapy. Here, we have compiled a list of heath science majors offered at local colleges.
Jacksonville University- School of Nursing, School of Applied Science
• Jacksonville University offers Bachelor, Masters and Doctorate programs in the field of nursing. JU is committed to providing a learning environment that prepares nurses to work at all levels of this discipline.
• JU’s School of Applied Science offers a degree in Communication Sciences and Disorders, as well as a Master of Science in Speech Language Pathology. The bachelor program prepares students for further education in speech language pathology and teaches students the basics of audiology and the sciences of speech and hearing.
• JU’s School of Applied Science also offers a bachelor degree in kinesiology. This program prepares students for the emerging field of the study of human movement.
For more information visit Jacksonville University online at www.ju.edu
University of North Florida- Brooks College of Health-www.unf.edu
• UNF has a Bachelor of Athletic Training to prepare students to prevent, evaluate, treat and rehabilitate injuries and conditions of athletes.
• The exercise science program at UNF offers both a bachelor and master degree to those that desire to pursue a career in physical therapy and public health.
• UNF’s Physical Therapy program has a Doctorate degree that prepares students to take the national licensure examination.
• One of the six flagship programs at UNF, Nutrition and Dietetics, offers students undergraduate and graduate studies to be valued nutrition specialists in hospitals, nursing homes or their communities.
• The Department of Public Health features a variety of programs ranging from community health, aging services, health administration and clinical mental health counseling.
• The flagship School of Nursing offers a Bachelor of Science in Nursing and graduate programs ranging from a Family Nurse Practitioner, Nurse Anesthetist or Clinical Nurse Specialist.
For more information about programs at the University of North Florida- Brooks College of Health visit them online at www.unf.edu
University of St. Augustine-www.usa.edu
• The Doctor of Physical therapy program aims to graduate proficient practitioners that specialize in prevention, evaluation and treatment of injuries and other physical problems.
• The Master of Occupational Therapy trains therapists that will help people of all ages who are struggling with physical, developmental and emotional or social issues.
For more information about the University of St. Augustine programs visit them online at www.usa.edu
Florida State College at Jacksonville-www.fscj.edu
• FSCJ offers an Associate in Science in Nursing that prepares graduates to work in entry-level positions.
• A Bachelor of Science in Nursing program prepares graduates for evidence-based care and leadership roles.
For more information about Florida State College at Jacksonville visit them online at www.fscj.edu