Boogie to a Better Life
By Sean Thurman
Whether you’re a curious newcomer or a seasoned ballerina, dance has endless possibilities to improve your health. Dancing is able to transform your outside appearance, as well as improve your self-esteem. It’s mutually beneficial to your body and mind and provides you with a stimulating, new social environment.
3 Ways Dance Can Improve Your Life
1. Physical Benefits:
- Dancers are constantly moving and flexing their muscles, keeping their core tight and using cardiovascular strength.
- Studies by the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute have shown that dancing regularly can help prevent heart disease and decrease blood pressure.
- Strengthens joints and bones, helping to prevent osteoporosis.
- Helps maintain a healthy weight
- Can help fight diabetes.
2. Mental Benefits:
- Improves confidence and self-esteem.
- Improves overall quality of life.
- Gives people the opportunity to set and attain personal goals
3. Social Benefits:
- The active social environment gives you the opportunity to meet new friends along with the chance to connect with a partner you may already have