A sauce for any occasion!
JALAPEÑO BEURE BLANC SAUCE
By Virginia Pillsbury
This is a great sauce for use over a light fish, recommended over sautéed Sea Bass. Recipe makes
enough to ladle over six fish filets
½ lb. Butter
1/8 cup Red Onion, chopped
2 cloves Minced Garlic
¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
½ cup White Wine
½ oz. Fresh Lime Juice
¼ cup Heavy Cream
1/8 cup Roasted Jalapenos, seeds removed, finely chopped
1/3 cup Tomato, diced
½ tablespoon Cilantro, finely chopped
½ teaspoon salt
- Place 1 tablespoon of butter in a sauce pan over medium flame until the butter melts.
- Add the onions, garlic and black pepper. Sauté until the onions and garlic become soft.
- Add the wine and lime juice. Cook until it is reduced to a glaze. (Until the wine has almost
- Add the heavy cream and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce flame to low and add the remaining butter a little at a time. Use a wire whip to incorporate
the butter into the sauce completely.
Note: The sauce should have a creamy texture.
- Place a handstrainer over a bowl. Remove the sauce from the heat and strain the sauce thru the
- Add jalapenos, tomatoes, cilantro and salt. Fold into the sauce. Ladle over cooked fish filets.